Africa day 4


Advertisement
Uganda's flag
Africa » Uganda » Eastern Region » Jinja
January 19th 2010
Published: January 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Jan 19
Day 4
Today was our soft power voulenteer group day.  It was really cool and inspiring. They took us to one their base near town where we got a small tour/orientation of the organization. It was really amazing. We all bought some things from their craft/arts shop. Then we hopped on a truck and went on the other side of town to help paint some schools. It wasn't easy painting though becaue the brushes were just stubs and the cement wasn't smooth it was really bumpy and textured. So we basically had to stamp the paint into the cement and it was so watery that most of it ended up on the ground. We had a small lunch out there some plain maze but some awesome sweet potatoes and decent spinach dish. 
When we finished for the day we came back to our camp the girls and I did some present shopping. Then Maydeena and I hung out on the beautiful deck just chatting and enjoying the amazing view of the Nile while kicking back a few. It was awesome. Finally, we went to help make dinner a beef stew with rice, which was delicious. Once we finished prepping it and it just needed fo cook and simmer Maydeena and I headed down to the Nile to have a swim as the sun was setting, well atleast I did. Wow was that amazing. The water was so warm and nice it was unreal. The sunset was georgous. 
  Our beef stew dinner was delicous.   Kathy had bought us some cake to share.  We all got a piece of carrot cake and a chocolate moose cake both were very good, it as intresting they served it with yogurt, which seemed weird but actually made it very good. Icying can be to sweet, this made it juicier/moist and gave it a good flavor. After that we all just hung out on the deck chatting the night away.  
  

Advertisement



Tot: 0.372s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb