And so the end is near ...


Advertisement
Uganda's flag
Africa » Uganda » Central Region » Kampala
July 12th 2010
Published: July 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello !! Jess and I have now found a reliable internet café, pity we leave on Thursday am!!! Oh well!!

Here in Rukungiri life is still good, although it is nearing the end!! I will be soo sad to leave the school, Jess and I had a few tears yesterday as it was our last visit to the children’s service, we got up and said a few words to which all the borders and teachers screamed and shouted and were just lovely- rather emotional!

The MD team have been here a week, its different dynamics to the last team in which we were a little family, but we are plodding on.

On Saturday it was visitors day at the school-aka parents evening but an all day thing. It was quite a big day I think, all the children and teachers were in their Sunday best outfits. The school had made a really big effort and every chalk board had welcome notes to the visitors. At lunch time, jess and I were invited to have lunch, but we had already brought a pack lunch from rondavels- however we weren’t let off the hook and josh insited that we had some. So we did- Posha, Matoke and MEAT (a real treat- they never have meat unless it is a very special occasion). We weren’t overly struck by it, infact posha tasted like pure paper- it was a lovely thought though, and Josh had even found us forks- which the school never has!

Internet time is running low, getting really excited about coming home and seeing everybody again!! Can’t wait to tell you all my stories and show you my photos!!! We leave Rukungiri on Thursday and head to Queen Elizabeth’s National park, then leave there on Saturday am, and I fly back on Sunday Pm.

Lots of Love

Ellie
Xxxx
PS Well done BETHAN MOSS on getting a blue peter badge!! !!
Happy Late Birthday Granya for Saturday
And Daphne- Doreen is number 29 out of 101 in her class- so done very well and she loved the clothes- they fitted her perfectly- Oh and she said that she is 12. Ive some nice photos of her to show you !!


Advertisement



12th July 2010

Don't forget a photo in your apron!!!
Ellie, I can't believe you're nearly home!!! Can't wait to see all your pics and hear all your stories - bet you'll be crying when you tell us!!! So pleased you've had such a fantastic time! Call me when you get back, as I've an idea for the press! PLEASE have your pic taken with the children with you wearing your OB apron!..........and then with one or two of the children wearing it!!! Sue W
17th July 2010

Can't wait to see you and hear more about it. Holly has missed playing with you so you will have a load of different ideas to play with her. Love always xxx

Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0528s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb