Here we are


Advertisement
Uganda's flag
Africa » Uganda » Central Region » Kampala
August 7th 2007
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello Everyone,

Our group as offically been Matookied Out! And we still have a week left!

So, we are in Kampala tonight, and have been here since Sunday. We enjoyed a few days off and traveled a little. I must mention that we had a 15 passenger van, that was incredable small so when you sat in on chair your legs hit the chair infront of you. We had to take all of our lugage with us, so that was 13 people to fit in there. We had a very good driver , twaib, and conductor, Kasakinde, who we considered part of the group. First we went to Queen Elizabeth park and enjoyed a nice boat ride. There were tons of hippos and water buffalo, but we also saw some crocodiles and some Elephants. We stayed at a hotel in a place called Kasase, and the next day (Friday) we went on a short safari. From there we went of to Fort Portal, and drove up to a chimpanzee park where they told us it was to late to start a hike now and we would have to come back in the morning. We were all suprised the find that there is need to plan for about two hours for eating each time. It takes 5 mins to get your order, and then an hour to be served to you! We did enjoy a nice two hour jaunt through the rain forest on Saturday, and saw five different species of monkey! The baboons where on the road a couple of times, and we took a tone of pictures! Then we headed back to Kampala. Total we spent about 8 hours driving in the Van!

On Monday we spent the day in Bira. It was a trial just to get out of the van with all the children crowded around! They provided us with singing and dancing that was wonderful. Though, at the end of the day we found nothing more that we could help them with at this time.

Tomorrow we will be shopping in Kampla, and on Thursday we will take to the road again and head to Murchinson Falls. Thanks to the ingenuis planning of Melissa and Alexis we will be there until Saturday enjoying the beauties of the park! Until our return....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb