I love my job


Advertisement
Tunisia's flag
Africa » Tunisia
August 12th 2007
Published: August 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Sidi bou saidSidi bou saidSidi bou said

A typical street in Tunis white walls with blue doors and window frames. Reminded me of Santorini in greece
Rarely do i get to have an amazing roster that allows me to have a three day holiday in Tunisia and call it work!

In June i flew 7 hours via Libya to Tunis the capital of Tunisia where we stayed in this gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous 5 star hotel overlooking the mediterranean. We arrived early in the afternoon enough time to make sunset in a beautifull area called 'Sidi bou said' a very enchanting local spot with sheesha cafes and peppermint tea and cosy arabic restaurants in gardens filled with jasmine plants. We watched the sunset from the stairs of the cafe named"high" then after serving food and coffee all day we were starving for some homemade couscous and local med wine......

The next day was early to rise for two packed days of sight seeing first thing first hot thermal springs......well unfortunately our bus driver didnt speak any english and also had no idea where to go to find these amazing cave pools we had heard so much about so after driving for many hours we were lost!!! but alas the driver found a stream flowing from the mountain and we all climbed out for the 7th
Sidi bou saidSidi bou saidSidi bou said

The sheesha cafe aligned with turkish rugs and the smell of apple tobacco and peppermint tea surrounding you.
time to investigate but it was about the size of a leak in a hose with a little steam so we gave up.....we then made a executive decission to head to 'hammamet' a beach town for cocktails, banana boat riding and some paragliding.....so all in all the day turned out to be not so bad....

Then it was time to hit the town......we went to a little place, 4 restaurnats in one garden with a swim up bar and live traditional music with lanterns in everytree and swing deck chairs and quaint rock pools. Very very very cool...

2nd day of tour was exploring old roman ruins......yes the romans were everywhere noone in the day was safe from this empire.....now travelling through europe i have seen my fair share of ruins but surprisingly these were very much in very good condition and were set in a gorgeous hill atop the med with stunning views. We spent the following day camped on the beach by the med untill it was time for our hamman...turkish style bath and massage.....then unfortunately it was time to fly home.....but for every complaint that i never good rosters this was worth the wait!!!
Sid bou saidSid bou saidSid bou said

some of my crew off the flight enjoying the sunset.

Tunisia is absolutely stunning with an amazing laid back style they pride themsleves on everything beautifull great food wine and they are very hospitable people. A must in anyones travels.!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Our night outOur night out
Our night out

Finishing the night out off with a few shots and arabic dancing.
Tunis MarketsTunis Markets
Tunis Markets

The crazy markets of Tunis a labrinth of tunnels and treasure troves.
Roman ruinsRoman ruins
Roman ruins

ladies resting on the small roman pillars b4 more exploring.
Roman RuinsRoman Ruins
Roman Ruins

Check out this view of the med lucky romans prime possy for a castle!!


Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0575s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb