Tabarka - Time to relax!


Advertisement
Tunisia's flag
Africa » Tunisia » Tabarka
June 21st 2011
Published: June 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Summer is here at long last! We rented a car and headed out to Tabarka on the North coast close to the Algerian border. It was only for a weekend but we had a great time.

Driving through Northern Tunisia you certainly get a feel for how rural most of the country is. We had been here 15 months before, but then the fields were green. Now they are brown and the roads are slower because of the amount of hay on the move!

We stopped off at one of our favourite spots. The deserted railway station at Sedjenane (See the last blog from there!) is no longer deserted as someone seems to be living there now! There are still hundreds of storks though and they are quite a sight.

In Tabarka we stayed at the Hotel Les Mimosas which is now one of our favourite spots in Tunisia. If only we had discovered it before! The swimming pool was lovely, the view from our room amazing, and beers only 2.500 dinars, about a pound!! The hotel is set on a hill at the entrance to the town so we got good exercise walking to and from our fish dinners.

In many respects we
Tabarka JazzTabarka JazzTabarka Jazz

But presumably not this year.
didn't do much when we were there. We had done so much last time so it was a very relaxing weekend. We managed a coffee in the wonderfully tiled cafe again, and had a beautiful stroll along the beach. The revolution has clearly hit Tunisia's North coast hard too, as there were very few Algerian tourists around and hardly a Libyan in sight!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Tacky souveniersTacky souveniers
Tacky souveniers

Who buys them???
The Little MermaidThe Little Mermaid
The Little Mermaid

She's been painted since our last visit when she looked like an Avatar character!
At times like this...At times like this...
At times like this...

... I love Tunisia!
Degage!Degage!
Degage!

But the sea wouldn't stop!


23rd June 2011

Very nice
Thanks for blogging. What a great pool!
23rd June 2011

looks beautiful
I had no idea that area was so lovely
24th June 2011

Phuket Hotels
Great article with excellent idea! I appreciate your post. Thanks so much and let keep on sharing your stuffs.Phuket Hotels

Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 17; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0662s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb