Tanzania drive time


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania
July 7th 2014
Published: July 30th 2014
Edit Blog Post

5 July: Ngorongoro to Arusha

Early morning start for a game drive win wake up at 5:30 to go to the Crater in 4x4s. Our group will fill three cars. Samantha and I had first jumped into the car with a few people. We had some stares like, why are you in this car. After a little while, a comment was made about the birthday boy Mark and emails wouldn't fit in the car, so I volunteers to leave. Samantha joined because she and I wanted to be together. We ended up in the car with the group of people who had joined us half way though and had formed a click. After we were in the cars, we had to wait a while which is always a little frustrating as we were all up and packed early for the safari as the early mornings can be a good time to see a kill. However, the front of the office to the national park had made a computer error with stating three cars and 22 people on paper but in the computer said one truck, 22 people. We had to go to the office and by the time it was all sorted out, it was almost 9AM. Our driver then hurried us to the crater to begin our drive. Because our group in the car had yet to see a rhino, only one of the big five left for them to see, they were mainly looking for that. Along the way, we stopped a few times but the crater so much space and the one road only went brought so much of the area that it was difficult to see many things. We stopped at a lion spotting but we were rushed off because it was to far away and wasn't a rhino. Before Samantha and I could object, as she had her camera right on the lion and to take the shot, the driver sped off. Throughout the day, it was similar as our morning drive came to a end, we hadn't been able to see much and we were tight on time as we had to be out of the park by 1.

The views from the drive into and out of the carter were so amazing though. The view of the large crater with the salt lake was amazing. We then drove to where we were meeting out truck with our guide and having lunch at Karatu. Many of us had ordered fries and omelet for lunch as many of us didn't have food any longer. We were all expecting an omelet with a side of fries but interesting enough, it was fries cooked into the omelet. It was very good especially with a bit of chili sauce.

after our lunch, we started our drive to the old German town of Arusha. Once we arrived, we set up camp and headed for a nice dinner of BBQ.

6 July: Arusha to Korogwe

Today is our long drive where we camp half way do Dar es Salaam. He drive was nice through many plantation area of Tanzania, bananas, coffee, and sisal fields.

7 July: Korogwe to Dar es Salaam, Tanzania

Another long day drive to reach the commercial capital of Tanzania where we camping by the Indian Ocean beach. We arrived in enough time for us to get in our bathing suits and enjoy the ocean and the pool at our campsite. The ocean was not deep until you went quite a far amount out into the ocean. After the beach and pool, I went for a shower. Our guide told us it was salt water though for the showers. Wasn't too bad a shower. However, the showers were set up on the beach with bamboo doors that left nice little cracks. The entire shower, I kept hoping no one would walk by the door...thankfully they didn't. Our tent was nicely set up on the sandy beach for a nice nights sleep after our BBQ of calamar, fish and rice.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb