Zanzibar


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » Zanzibar » Nungwi
August 11th 2006
Published: August 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We left the ranch and after a much needed hot shower and a good night’s sleep we headed to Dar es Salaam by bus. We were hoping to make it to Dar to catch the last ferry over to Stonetown and we made it in time but the ferry was all sold out. Our cab driver told us he could get us there for about the same price by plane and it seemed too good to be true! After much debate and consulting of the Lonely Planet we decided to go for it. In the end we were happy to have made the decision because we made it to the airport and after a 20 minute flight we were in Stonetown. Zanzibar at last! We spent the night at Flamingo house and then headed first thing to Kendwa beach. At last, vacation time! The beach was absolutely beautiful. White sands, blue water, everything you’d expect on a remote tropical island. The place we stayed was understated but nice and we were happy to have a bed (even though the foam mattresses of Africa don’t compare to anything from home). We spent a bit of time relaxing on the beach and exploring the area. On Monday we took a 2 hour boat trip to Mnemba island to go snorkeling which was a lot of fun and Tuesday we celebrated my birthday a day early with some Indian Ocean lobster- yum! We were sad to see our time coming to an end on Wednesday but at least a rainshower made leaving a bit easier.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb