Zanzibar Diving - Nungwi


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » Zanzibar » Nungwi
October 19th 2008
Published: December 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After the best nights sleep since arriving in Africa (because we upgraded to a 4*bungalow over the sea pictures later) we got up early to go diving. We were joined by Michelle, Deb and Bernie and we set off for our first dive site Leven banks. The sea was a bit rough and when we got in the current was really strong. We were meant to drop down a 30mtr wall but could not make it to the edge because the current was so strong. The next dive site was closer to the shore but it took a while to get there and Michelle was sea sick!!! While trying to avoid being sick Rebecca laid at the front of the boat but we hit a big wave and she got soaked. We saw loads of stuff at the second site including sea horses and a weedy scorpionfish which neither of us had seen before.

We got back to shore had some food and got ready for the evenings festivities. Due to our great bungalows over the sea a few people came over for drinks to watch the sunset. After a huge seafood platter for Nick we had a few more drinks then headed to bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Nick  Nick
Nick

with Regge hat Michelle found


Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0983s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb