Back to Tanzania via Zanzibar


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » Zanzibar » Kendwa
January 15th 2010
Published: January 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So the plan has changed and with Uganda not having worked out we were set to return to Tanzania and start on the Island when the holiday period is over in late January . The cheapest and most direct way to get there from Jinja was Entebbe to Zanzibar! Seemed rude not to spend a few days on the glorious beaches on Kendwa/Nungwi on the northern tip of the Island again.

Besides the weekend we passed through Will and Sue were still there so it gave us and a chance to catch up for another Kili celebratory meal, this time at their posh hotel, where we had some lovely wine. A rare treat - thank you guys.

Whilst there we also met up with Greg and Lindsay from Toronto who we met rafting in Bujagali, they happened to be staying at the same place as us in Kendwa. It was nice chilling out with them playing volleyball, eating fresh pineapple, chilling in hammocks, enjoying sun set beers and a few evening meals on the beach too. Stocking up on supplies here too before going to Chole and invested in a snorkel mask as the snorkelling and diving there is amazing. Zanzibar was a nice treat and bit of luxury before we go and stay in another mud hut….

We look forward to giving an update of a life in the day of a volunteer on Chole Island in the next entry, Rach can’t wait to become “Teacher Rachel” again to all the little kindergarten kids…they won her heart after 3 days. Heads, shoulders , knees and toes here we come and back to work! …



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb