Background: Shortly after independence, Tanganyika and Zanzibar merged to form the nation of Tanzania in 1964. One-party rule came to an end in 1995 with the first democratic elections held in the country since the 1970s. Zanzibar's semi-autonomous status and popular opposition have led to two contentious elections since 1995, which the ruling party won despite international observers' claims of voting irregularities.
Photos from Pemba
No Start a Travel Diary Free Travel Blog Site
Blogs from Pemba
Latest Blogs from Pemba
- March 25th 2011 A desert-island fantasy…
by Words: 1205 Photos: 53
- March 22nd 2011 Pemba Island, we have reached Paradise!!
by Words: 1217 Photos: 48
- November 14th 2010 The other Pemba
by Words: 784 Photos: 29
- March 5th 2010 10 years Diving in Pemba Island, oh and Merry Christmas....
by Words: 2215 Photos: 19
- November 18th 2009 Diving again at Kervan Saray
by Words: 259 Photos: 31
- September 21st 2009 Kervan Saray Beach
by Words: 773 Photos: 19
- August 2nd 2009 Windows wide open. From Pemba to Zanzibar by DC3
by Words: 1164 Photos: 9
- July 25th 2009 An Attack on Diving by a miserable git
by Words: 1394 Photos: 10
- January 3rd 2009 Pemba Diving ... oh and Merry Christmas
by Words: 1424 Photos: 7
- April 15th 2008 Off to Asia
by Words: 593 Photos: 3
- March 28th 2008 The rod holders union
by Words: 191 Photos: 3
- March 17th 2008 The Work Continues
by Words: 332 Photos: 7
- March 6th 2008 Notes from a Small Island in the Indian Ocean
by Words: 969 Photos: 2
- December 5th 2007 Goodbye Misali: Hello Fundu!
by Words: 942 Photos: 22
- December 4th 2007 Hello from Misali!
by Words: 754 Photos: 47
- November 18th 2007 Tanzania...a country on the right road!
by Words: 1570 Photos: 17
- November 15th 2007 Misali: Day Two
by Words: 827 Photos: 11
- September 19th 2007 Pemba: Highlight of the Trip!
by Words: 2071 Photos: 31
- January 19th 2007 Pemba/ Chake Chake/faunes
by Words: 36 Photos: 6
- January 18th 2007 Pemba Island/la plongée
by Words: 211 Photos: 4