Olduvai & Gol Mountain


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Olduvai Gorge
December 30th 2007
Published: March 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

There we did real cross country in the Olduvai plains and then went up to the Gol Moutains.
We finally visited a Massai village and entered their house.
The more houses in a village, the more wives the massai chief has !!! (8 in this one)
They sleep with their goats in their house...you can smell the massais from far away....

The men and women are so long and so thin. Some of the girls and teenagers are really beautiful.
They create some jewels and when we arrived everything was set up on the bushes as a shop for selling. Believe me bargaining with the women is really tough and if they disagree with your proposed price they don't even wish to sell them to you (whereas in China they will).

The men and women put so heavy ear rings that in the end their ears are enlonged and the hole is huge. some of them can even turn them to do a knot.

When we arived in our camp site, I was like in a dream so nice was the sun set and the place. A paradise on earth... and the perfect place for yoga (every morning)


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.275s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 24; qc: 115; dbt: 0.1076s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb