Tanzania Safari


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Ngorongoro Conservation Area
August 17th 2010
Published: August 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After climbing the Kili we went on a 2 day Safari. We had to go by public transport to Lake Manyara and there we could join a group that did a 3 day safari. Since we have been to Africa three years ago we didn't want to spent to much time and money on watching wildlife, but the Ngorogoro crater was one park not to miss.

Lake Manyara is great for zebra's, giraffes, hippo's and al sorts of birds. Also is ik known for the three climbing lion.....wich we hoped to see. A lot of monkeys.....but no lion.
From 9 till 12 in the jeep, then half an hour lunch and back in the jeep till 5. A long day in the car with some exiting moments.....most of the momens because of the behaviour of our weird russian fellow tourist. But also the sighting of Elephants were great to see.

Next day Ngorogoro, its a crater with a diameter of more than 90 kilometre, All animals live here exept for the giraffe. (The edge of the crater is too steep for them to get in, the fall and die!) With big expectations we all sat in the car.....driving into
Our Safari groupOur Safari groupOur Safari group

The guide, a brother and sister from the Uk and the Russian lady
te crater the car in front of us broke it's diff.....so it couldn't move for the next hour and we had to wait. With a bit of fantasy all the black dots below us were nice elephants, rhino's, buffalo's, zebra's and wildebeast.
In the crater we saw plenty of zebra's, wildebeast, buffalo's but we all were hoping for some Lions.
Far in the bush we saw a couple of female lions we got a bit excited but it got even better when we encountered 2 young male lions and a female at 15 meters of us laying in the high grass.
Just before lunch we saw a hyena and with lunch we sat at a small lake with a lot of hippo's and birds.
In the afternoon the highlight was seeing a couple of elephants, but the leopeard, cheetah and rhinos kept on hiding for us.
Safari is always the best when you do it for the first time........I think we are a bit spoiled with what we had seen in Kruger, Okovanko Delta and Chobe national park.
Now we were looking forward to lie on the beach on Zanzibar and explore stone town....



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 66; dbt: 0.072s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb