Wednesday, March 25/Thursday, March 26


Advertisement
Published: April 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday, March 25/Thursday, March 26:
Safari!!! Debra, Pam, Brad, Lauren, Mom and I went on a 2 day Safari. First we went to Manyara on Wednesday and then to Ngorongoro Crater on Thursday. Rod stayed and studied with more people at Maji Ya Chai (35 on Wednesday!). The safari (it means 'journey' in Swahili) was incredible! We saw such a different variety of animals. It's a lot different than seeing them in a zoo, too! Thursday we went to a Masai village. It was a little freaky...but very interesting!
I have to steal Lauren's sentence when she told me, " I think God spent more time on Africa." When you see all the animals....the giraffe (my favorite), wildebeest, rhinoceros, and all the others, you can't help but think that God must have had a sense of humor! I mean, how could he not when he made flamingos hot pink, and the zebra's stripes so weird that you get cross-eyed!
Hope you enjoy the pictures of them!
--Hallie


Additional photos below
Photos: 49, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Lauren and Hallie in front of the hippo pond.Lauren and Hallie in front of the hippo pond.
Lauren and Hallie in front of the hippo pond.

It was only after we got out that they told us hippos kill more people a year in Africa than any other animal. Thanks a lot!
ZebraZebra
Zebra

Are they black with white stripes or white with black stripes?


Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0571s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb