Safari


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Arusha
September 4th 2010
Published: May 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After the safari we realized we were running out of weekends in town and there was another market we wanted to go to in town- the Masai market. We were told that there were many souveneirs and that prices could be bargained. Let's do it! I found a painting of elephants at sunset that I had to take home and a bag with a really cool pattern.

On Tuesday we spent our day on site. They are planning on planting a HUGE garden so the kids can have organic vegetables, and the excess can go to the village. It was incredibly tedious, but a lot of fun working with more than just our group. We took turns making the rows and planting various plants.

Wednesday the groups got called in rotations to the primary school in our village. The choos, or bathrooms, were close to overflowing, and therefore the children had no bathroom to use while at school. Solution? We would dig a huge hole, twenty feet deep, fifteen feet long, and ten feet wide. The locals must have been practicing their shovel and pickaxe-ing for life, because they were fast! My arms were so sore, but it was nice to know that we made a significant difference.

PS Jesuah is starting to like me more and more. Today, he said my name and asked me how I was. Progress!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb