Hike!


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Arusha
August 1st 2010
Published: May 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We got up super early this morning to go on a hike. I want to say it was on some part of Mt. Meru. It was cold and a little misty, but I think that was better than being super hot. We went up through villages and passed many people on their way to their local churches, dressed in their Sunday best. The hike wasn't too hard for the most part, but some parts were really slippery and straight downhill. Everything was so green from so much rain. It reminded me why green is my favorite color- the color of vibrance and growing things. We got to this stream at the bottom of the hill and began walking upstream toward the waterfall. The water was cold at first but it was so beautiful all around that I didn't notice it after a while. The trees and brush on either side were so tall and magnificent, and nothing could have prepared me for the greatness of the falls. It seemed to strech forever into the sky- like God was pouring a watering can onto the Earth. No pictures or words could drescribe the beauty of that image.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0333s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb