Kruger National Park


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa
July 21st 2014
Published: July 30th 2014
Edit Blog Post

20 July:

We drove for the entire day to Gecko backpackers inn at Hazyview. We stopped at the side of the road over looking a valley are and enjoyed our lunch.

21 July:

Kruger national park game drive sites:

First birds we saw in the tree were the grey go away birds.

Baby rhino, probably a few months old. Mother we couldn't see but was probably close.

First saw a few buffalo near the water. They are called the retires as they are no longer with the main family and stay close to the water. Then we came across the large family. Out of the big 5, the buffalo are the most dangerous as the family will all turn and stampede the animals to protect. The more grey under the eyes the older the buffalo.

A nice family of elephants near the road. A few babies with them as well. They carry their babies for 22 months. The elephant only can get pregnant again after five years. They breast feed for two years and then teach the baby what to eat.

As we drove a spotted hyena crossed right in front of the truck.

Steenbok deer. One of the smallest with predictors being the jackal and eagle. Along our drive after our break we spotted the dwarf mangoose. Stopped for a hothouse pink and white flower called the impala flower.

After our park drive, we met our truck on the other side of the national park. Where we drove to our campsite near the boarder to Mozambique In a city called Komatipoor.


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb