South Africa


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa
June 6th 2012
Published: June 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Safari a la rancherita way in SOUTH AFRICA: so far it's been great. Lots of driving, I even thought at some point that it was a mistake to be travelling via your own car. We weren.t meeting locals. Always just him and I on the rode, in our littele rented grey HYNDAI ATOS. I didn't know if the locals were nice, mean, what they sounded like or anything. I'm a people person and I wanted to know the local flavor. But soon, it was evident that we would be talking to everyone. WE had no campstove, no cutlery, no pots nor pans. Arriving at the first campspot in kruger, we made that evident and a bg burley blue eyed with no shoes spoke up,"you have no pots or pans, no worries, come over ro my campspot and you can use my stuff". We did, it turns out RHINO, yes that was his name, was an interesting fellow who loved the great outdoors and made it an effort to frequent the beautiful KRUGER. We became good friends and we BBQ'd together for the next two nights. Rhino was not the last to help us out, several nice Afrikanners took pity on us and let us borrow their pots. One night a young couple asked us if we needed to move our car to their area so that we could set up our camping chairs. STephan and I looked at each other chuckled and tol them we had nothing with us. The next morning, the couple gave us two of their chairs to keep! Everyone has been so nice and helpful. Another lady gave us biscuits (cookies).

We have been told strange things as well: One lil old man yelled at stephan, "Hey G.I. JOE" it was because he was walking around camp with no shirt. Another lil old man yelleda t stephan, "A man who hangs onto his girl like that is a COWARD"...he was hugging me.....wierd we thought.

As far as in terms of wildlife, we have seen at least 50 mammals. And even got lucky to see the BIG 5 in one day in Kruger park and without the assistance of a guide! Apparently we got lucky to see a leopard, Rhino had not seen one until his last trip to kruger and he had been going for several years!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



6th June 2012

Africa?!
Awesome! Glad you guys are having a great time and meeting a lot of friendlies!!
6th June 2012

Yay
Glad to see you are using this again, have fun!!
7th June 2012

Sounds like you're having a great time

Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0787s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb