Sunshine Coast to Plett


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Plettenberg Bay
July 12th 2008
Published: July 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Since leaving the Wild Coast we've been working our way down the sunshine coast. Our stops have included East London, Port Elizabeth, Jeffrey's Bay, and Plettenberg Bay.

East London and Port Elizabeth, although very nice cities, were just a couple stops to break up the driving and do some shopping and laundry. We stopped at Jeffrey's Bay on the morning of the 10th to check out the first day of competition for the Billabong Pro surfing competition that was going on at Supertubes beach. Much bigger waves and better tricks than we saw in Durban, it was good entertainment but the weather was super cold and windy. That afternoon we continued on to Plettenberg Bay along the Garden Route. For the past two days we've stayed here enjoying the relaxed atmosphere and whale/dolphin watching. We took a boat trip where we saw one southern right whale, a couple of dolphins (briefly) and a whole bunch of seals. So far the weather is holding out, but we have heard about rain and even snow further down the coast (imagine snow in Africa...).

Tomorrow we'll be heading inland towards Oudtshoorn where we will take Route 62 through the Klein Karoo (should be warmer and drier if all goes well).


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.29s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 40; qc: 138; dbt: 0.1936s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb