Our First Stop


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Noordhoek
April 2nd 2011
Published: April 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Setting upSetting upSetting up

Our Buksie and new tent and awning.

There is no turning back now.. the house is packed up and empty and we are setting up and unpacking Buksie at Chapman's Peak Caravan Park in Noordhoek, our home for the next few weeks.

Who would've thought we could squeeze so much stuff in one vehicle in so little time? The next few weeks will serve as a test run for what we 'really need' and what we can live without. By nightfall we were both absolutely knackered and looking forward to our first night's sleep on our big adventure.

Morning broke, and to our surprise...so did the clouds! We had just set up our brand new extender tent on Buksie (from Cristy Sports) the day before, when rain greeted us and before we knew it we had to juggle buckets and scramble to get things out the way of the persistant rain drops leaking through the seems in the tent....oh dear! Well, it was a blessing in disguise, now we knew what we were up against and atleast we were still close enough to get things fixed.

I drove to Cristy Sports in South Field and their service was amazing, they offered to go take
Getting ThereGetting ThereGetting There

pretty neat if I must say so myself!
it down and fix it up asap, but after my insistance they let it be and instead offered me a tin of seam sealer and a tarpaulin to cover up with till the rain subsides and I can seal the seams. I was assured that after the tent is exposed to moisture it expands and leaks thereafter should be very unlikely. I left, once again a happy customer knowing they will help me out if need be.

We are slowing finding our feet, but some mornings when I get out of bed and step outside I forget about the geese that like to blend in with the leaves and sand outside our tent...what a mistake....and a quiete morning that started off with birds chirping and soft sunlight sparkling of dewy leaves turns drasticly into geese 'honking--Haaaaaannnnnh' and little white feathers filling the air like someone had a pillow fight! That gets the blood pumping and I'm ready to take on the day!

We will be posting more soon, just need to sort a few things out and find our feet.

Cheers!
Nick & Wanda


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Our first fire!Our first fire!
Our first fire!

number 1 of many more to come!
Meat is on the braai!Meat is on the braai!
Meat is on the braai!

I thought we would never get done AND make a fire!
"We are fine!""We are fine!"
"We are fine!"

reasuring the children on the phone
VisitorsVisitors
Visitors

I forgot to mention "bring chairs!"


9th April 2011

The Ford?
Hi Nick & Wanda, Are you guys going to A frame the Ford or what?

Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0805s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb