AWAY SHE BLOWS


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Hermanus
July 7th 2010
Published: July 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

What to do today? Ok, whale watching in Hermanus. If it’s anything like looking for the cats - no chance of us seeing anything. Still full of optimism off we set. The journey to Hermanus took 2 hours. Anything below a 6 hour drive is looked upon by the South Africans as “oh ya, just around the corner” 5 hours just around the corner, who are they kidding?
I could feel the vibes from Roger that this was going to be a wasted journey. We looked and we looked and thanks to the eagle eye of a man near us we, kinda saw a black shape in the sea. Off for lunch and a break from whale watching.
After lunch, armed with our binoculars and renewed optimism, back to the sea front for one last look. Within a couple of minutes we saw not one but two whales. They were so close into the shore line it was quite amazing. The view of these creatures was excellent, but unfortunately, my photography skills aren’t good enough to capture a clear picture. You will just have to take my word for it. We did manage to get some video footage but haven’t sussed how to download it to the blog yet.
Football tomorrow. Whee Heeee.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



7th July 2010

Photo 8 - wow...how did you get so close?! xx

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0668s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb