South Africa Cape Town and Wine


Advertisement
Published: May 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

StellenboschStellenboschStellenbosch

Stellenbosch vineyards
Here's my suggestion of a real enlightening and breathtaking experience in South Africa that will probably be my next journey in 2013!



South Africa is mostly famous for its main national figure, Nelson Mandela, his successful struggle against the apartheid or even the Springboks (rugby’s national team), but there is also a wide range of breathtaking and enlightening experiences from safaris and diving with sharks to food and wine tasting and other cultural activities.



I’ve prepared a special itinerary for a 7-day wine and food tour through the South African Cape Winelands – from April the 1st until April the 8th.



The price includes round-trip flight from Paris, 4-star accommodation in Cape Town, 3 day wine tour plus 2 half day activities, insurance, airport transfer and all the taxes and it will be 1650 € per person, B&B or 1800 € per person, half board.



After arriving on day 1 you will check-in at the Victoria and Alfred Hotel in Cape Town – a 4-star hotel with its own vineyard.



Then you will experience the best of South African wine and food with the Wine Connoisseur and Food Tour – a 3 day visit to the Stellenbosch, Paarl and Franshoek vineyards with wine and food tasting, 4-star accommodation and many other activities like cheese venues, a brandy route tour or honey mead tasting.



On day 4 you’ll spend half of the day in Constantia for more wine tasting at one of the oldest vineyards in South Africa, famous for its red wines and also experience a Cape Malay Cooking Safari.



You’ll be having two extra days in Cape Town for sightseeing or other extra activities related with wine like joining the harvest or bike rides in the vineyards, or other famous Cape Town attractions like Boulders Penguin beach, Shark Cage Diving or Whale watching Cruises – all of them around 50 € per person.



ITINERARY



Day 1 – April 1st



Flight PAR – CPT – Emirates Airlines



Check-in and night in Cape Town at Victoria and Alfred Hotel 4****



Days 2, 3 and 4 – April 2nd, 3rd and 4th



Transfer to Wine Connoisseur and Food Tour with Wine Desk



Visit to the Stellenbosch, Paarl and Franshoek vineyards with wine and food tasting during 3 days – 4-star accommodation – also includes a cheese venue, a brandy route 62 tour and honey mead tasting



Transfer back to Cape Town



Day 5 – April 5th



Half day tour in Constantia vineyards and Cape Malay Cooking Safari



Days 6 and 7 – April 6th and 7th



Free days in Cape Town for sightseeing or other extra activities



Join the Harvest

Boulders Penguin beach

Shark Cage Diving

Whale watching Cruise

(50 € extra – each)



Day 8 – April 8th



Flight CPT – Paris – Emirates Airlines



End of Trip



Cheers,

JM

Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 19; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0693s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb