Elephants


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » North West » Sun City
January 3rd 2014
Published: January 3rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

In the morning, very early morning, Dad and I went on the elephant ride. Me and Dad had to get up really early to make it to the safari. We thought we were going to miss it because it took a long time for the bus to show up. But the group was waiting for us so it was ok. We were in a open truck on the way there we saw some antelope, Kudu and elephant.

We had a man film us along the way through out the tour/ride. We were served coffee, tea and muffins upon arrival. The guide explained to us how to act with the elephants and told us not to be afraid of them.

Me and Dad got on first. We were the Guinea pigs. The elephants had saddles because there are so big around. Honestly it's kind of scary when first getting on the saddle but once you're on its great! Our elephant Mana was the fastest and at the front of the group so we saw all the animals first like 2 warthogs that nobody else saw. Mana tried to go off the path a few times,he loves to eat...everything. We saw the zebras first in are group so I really liked being in the front of everything. After the ride we got to feed our elephants some pellets of food I hope they tasted good! I attempted to put the food straight in his mouth, but I couldn't reach. So I tried throwing them and ended up just making a mess on the ground with pellets.

There were little elephants too. One was 1and a 1/2 the other almost 4 years old. The little one was picking up the pellets I dropped one by one. It was really funny.

The man who filmed us had made a DVD and me and Dad bought one. On our way back to the hotel we saw 5 rhinos in the distance and a still wet, new borne wildebeest!


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb