Did you remember to pack the beer?


Advertisement
Published: September 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Long weekend in South Africa and this normally means there is a mass exodus of the major inland cities to some better destination where there is no traffic, sirens and crime. We are joining the masses and heading to Pilanesberg for some R & R and hopefully we will spot some game, wrongly identify some birds and just relax to gather some strength for the last quarter of 2012.

Looking forward to a few days away from the hustle and bustle of the concrete jungle and exchanging it for rush hour shower time in the campsite, crime of a different kind because the monkeys could well disappear with some of your food if you don't hide it from their beady eyes and light fingers and possibly some screeching as there are some very noisy birds calling from 4 am and trust me it is not always a cheerful little tweet tweet - more like a squawk squawk!! We will be 'roughing' it - sleeping in our rooftop trailer tent and sharing ablution facilities with the masses!

Why do we do it? To get close to nature, relax and unwind after some gruelling work. It may be hard to believe that you give up all your home luxuries and comforts, but somehow we do come back from a weekend away feeling more relaxed until you hit the Johannesburg traffic again! All in all, we love it and always seem to have fun and feel rejuvenated, no matter where we go.



Food and drinks - check

Clothes - check

Bedding - check

Everything including the kitchen sink - check! (as usual the car and trailer will be packed to the brim, even though we don't need to take half as much as we normally do when we overland to neighbouring countries and this is only for 3 days – my goodness!)



Ready to hit the road.....

Advertisement



21st September 2012

Did you remember to pack the beer?
Klink so lekker om weg te breek en die stiltes te gaan opsoek. Wens ek kon saamgaan. Nouja geniet! Beer..... Check!!

Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0222s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb