KRUGER DAY 4


Advertisement
Published: July 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Our last day in Kruger and our last chance at seeing a big cat on our 4 hour drive to the exit gate. The Kruger is approximately the size of Wales and there are about 1400 lions within. How comes everyone else sights them apart from Roger and I?
Again this morning we saw some magnificent elephants. The giraffes and zebras did not disappoint but alas no cats. We are beginning to think we are a couple of Jonah’s when it comes to cat spotting. Last night the night drive was a disappointment with hardly any sightings at all and today, in a 4 hour period, we didn’t see one cat. Oh well we will just have to come back next year and try again.
Passed a few Townships’ on our journey back. The conditions in which the inhabitants live are appalling. Some of these Townships are so big that they stretch for miles and miles. I can’t imagine how cold it is to live in these tin huts during winter and how horrendous the conditions must be during the summer heat.
Arrived back in Jo’Burg and watched the football. Holland looked a different Team to the one we saw draw against Denmark in Soccer City at the beginning of the Tournament.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0271s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb