Locked in


Advertisement
Published: November 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Stir fry on the skottleStir fry on the skottleStir fry on the skottle

Showing Jane how to cook South African style
Decided to head down to the beach for a while so were stopping at Lower Sabie on our way out of Kruger. Decided to stay in the huts so that we can make an early morning getaway. Had a braai and were all packed and organised for leaving early, so an early night was in order. At 1am Andy needed the loo and as the huts only have a sink and no bathroom he was going to have to go for a walk, I also woke and considered whether I could wait until morning, at that point he turned the key in the lock and said 'we have a problem'. The key had broken in the lock so now we were stuck. I won't say what he did, but I did decide I could wait until morning after all, being all sleepy I just said go to bed and we'll worry about it in the morning.

We phoned Jane and she came round, she was going to speak to the night guard but suggested we try her key and of course it fitted the lock. Which was great for us but doesn't say much about the security at the camps.
Malcolm digs the fire pitMalcolm digs the fire pitMalcolm digs the fire pit

And all we had was a plastic kiddies spade


The early start meant that we were through the Swaziland border with no problems, drove through the Country and were out the other end before we knew it.

The next thing we had to do was find the new tar road to Sodwana Bay. We stopped at Mkuze Wimpy for breakfast and managed to get something to eat between power cuts. We tried a couple of roads but ended up on dirt roads that seemed to go nowhere in particular but eventually found a tar road that took us right through.

It was lovely to be back, this has always been a favourite place of ours and it still is.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0574s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb