Animals....


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Mpumalanga » Kruger National Park
February 17th 2008
Published: February 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Lauren and ChantelleLauren and ChantelleLauren and Chantelle

Lauren and Chantelle in the pool at Marloth.
Yesterday we went into the park, and it was amazing.

We got up at 4:00am and there was a huge bug ontop of the net over mine and Mel's bed, and it was sprayed with a spray to kill it,and it fell down the back of the net, and it was right by Mel's head. All of the girls were screaming because it was HUGE and DISGUSTING!

We got to the park gates at 5:10am, and we went straight into the park, as the queue was only 7/8 cars long, so we got straight through and it didn't take long to get the permits sorted.

As we entered the main bit of the park, we saw impala, and vervet monkeys, and zebra. The monkeys were really cute and they were playing in the middle of the road.

We saw a huge herd of impala, about 50 impala, and there were lots of babies in there... They were really cute, but they were a little bit skittish, so we were hoping that there were some big cats around.

We went to a river, and we sat there in a lookout, and watched hippos for ages. They were
Lauren and MelLauren and MelLauren and Mel

At the house in Marloth
really cool. They were fighting, and they were making loads of noise, they sound really wierd, and we could also hear them from the house.

We then went to Lower Sabie, and got something to eat, and sat and watched a herd of elephant and a troop of baboons from a table near another bigger river. Then we headed off to the site where we were going to get a braai and have a cooked breakfast. On the way there, we saw two large herds of buffalo, and we also saw a Black-Backed Jackal, and they are quite rare to see apparently.

We had breakfast, and some people had said they had seen lion around, but unfortunately we didn't see any, just a few crocodiles, and some warthog.

Once we had had breakfast, we started driving towards Skukusa, and we saw elephants, giraffe, wildebeest, kudu, zebra, warthogs.

We got something to eat and drink, and then headed back to the gate that we were leaving through. We did not see anything apart from impala, kudu and that sort of thing, apart from a Common Duiker, which dived into the bushes after running across the road infront
WarthogWarthogWarthog

A Warthog in the wallow in the garden.
of the car.

We eventually got out of the park at 6:10, and we went back to the house, and we had a braai that Cliff had done for us, and then we watched a bit of Harry Potter, but I fell asleep during it, and so we gave up and went to bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Vervet MonkeyVervet Monkey
Vervet Monkey

Monkey in the road.
ZebraZebra
Zebra

Zebra Mum and baby. (Bit dark but you can still see them).
ElephantElephant
Elephant

An elephant eating a bush.
Everyone in the poolEveryone in the pool
Everyone in the pool

Everyone in the pool at the house in Marloth.
SpiderSpider
Spider

A big spider in a web...
Elephant and BabyElephant and Baby
Elephant and Baby

An elephant and a baby that we saw from the bridge.
Sleeping MonkeySleeping Monkey
Sleeping Monkey

Monkey sleeping in a tree.
ImpalaImpala
Impala

A couple of impala
ZebraZebra
Zebra

A big fat zebra
White LionessWhite Lioness
White Lioness

A white lioness in the Lion Park


Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0565s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb