More PCV photos


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Mpumalanga » Barberton
November 27th 2013
Published: December 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Enjoy the photos and captions.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

2012; Shilpa Vashista!2012; Shilpa Vashista!
2012; Shilpa Vashista!

She is the previous PCV, SA22, at my village. Her time and my time overlapped by 3 months which was wonderful. She is standing outside the tuck shop in our village with the storeowners.
John Dougherty, PCVJohn Dougherty, PCV
John Dougherty, PCV

Catching a rainbow at our SA 26 conference in 2012.
PCV'sPCV's
PCV's

At our 2012 conference...Susan is on the right. She and I are now the only above 60-ish left in our group.
Hannah and EvaHannah and Eva
Hannah and Eva

Short climb to a hill overlooking Hannah's village which is just a few km north of my village.
2013; Rosamund and Sharon2013; Rosamund and Sharon
2013; Rosamund and Sharon

SA 28's arrive in July 2013 and come to visit us "experienced SA 26's (who have been here one year) SA26, 28... are education volunteers working at schools, but SA25's, 27's also arrive every year to work in Health NGO's, doing permagardens, preschool work, etc.
2013 Site Visit2013 Site Visit
2013 Site Visit

Robyn, another SA28, was in the group. 4 women in my small room for 3 nights. I didn't have my wardrobe yet, so had lots of stuff laying around. My place looks a lot better now.
Vivian, SA25Vivian, SA25
Vivian, SA25

She lives a little north of me and works with two clinics there. She is in the CHOP program (health) . Vivian celebrated her 80th birthday and is honoured by the Peace Corps as being the oldest volunteer currently serving. This is world-wide!!!
Lilly's Birthday partyLilly's Birthday party
Lilly's Birthday party

Also celebrated Vivian's 80th birthday. Lilly and Vivian are health volunteers.
George and AgendaGeorge and Agenda
George and Agenda

Every Event/meeting in SA has an agenda written out , so we made one for the party.
Lilly's host family Lilly's host family
Lilly's host family

Party was held at Lilly's host family's house. Also attended by some neighbouring children...Lilly loves children!
Lilly in nDebele clothesLilly in nDebele clothes
Lilly in nDebele clothes

Lilly's fiance is behind her. He is visiting her this month. They met in SA when he was a PCV in the education group. His group completed service earlier this year, but he has travelled back to film a documentary about Peace Corps in South Africa, and to propose to Lilly!


Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0586s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb