Off to Durban


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » KwaZulu-Natal » Durban
November 13th 2012
Published: December 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Night Adder?Night Adder?Night Adder?

Too fat to squeeze back under the step, is that a frog inside?
We left for Durban early Tuesday morning and had an uneventful drive down, apart from the awful weather as we got into Natal, heavy rain and fog patches.

We were staying a week with Wendy and Barrie, a very quiet house now that the 2 boys have left home, but it was lovely to see them again and catch up on all our news. In fact so much news that it took Wendy and I until 2am the first night before we decided to go to bed, Wendy claimed to be very tired the next day and said it had nothing to do with the empty wine bottles under the bar!

We also stayed a night with James and Lee which was lovely as we hadn't seen James for absolutely ages as he has been working away from home and was never there when we were.

The time was taken up with visiting friends, eating breakfasts, lunches and dinners as Durban always is. The weather wasn't the best, what I can say is that it didn't rain every day, but that is about as good as it gets, that's Natal in November for you.

We had the usual visit to the beachfront. Sadly The Deck is now Zacks Restaurant and to be avoided at all costs and the fleamarket has shrunk and moved back from the front. Amazing what changes there are in just 2 years.

Waxy's is still as good as ever, as is the Pavilion shopping centre. But then after Inverness any shopping centre is wonderful.

The time flew past and we made our way back to Johannesburg. Aaron had picked up the caravan so we started packing it before Jane and Malcolm arrived on Sunday.

On Saturday the Boks were playing England at rugby so we had a big braai to watch the match with some of Aaron and Carrie's friends. We had a really good time, a few drinks and went to bed really late which was a bad idea as we were all tired the next day, but as Jane and Malcolm had flown they also felt tired so we were all the same. But we did enjoy some really good prawns in the afternoon.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0566s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb