exploring durban


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » KwaZulu-Natal » Durban
November 7th 2012
Published: November 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This I describe as the best day of my life, i have heard people talk of durban's finest food and climate but never really pictured it this good.as I entered this gorgeous city of durban the only thing that was in my mind was the 2010 world cup stadium which i've only seen on television, well i dont know what im about to see.

day 1

As the sunsets one can already feel the sun rays from the side of the comfortable and luxurious bed in the riverside hotel, this hotel as the name states is situated on the river banks of umngeni river and my room had a nice view of the river and almost the whole of the urban profile, the Moses Mabhida is actually a few minutes drive from the hotel and you can see the whole side of the stadium from the hotel.

The stadium is an attraction itself, as when i got there i felt like an Ant,i thaught to myself I have never seen something this big but still look this good! I already knew the stadium was something for sport purposes but i guessed wrong, this one in particular has a cable car inside it, they offer bungee jumping and bike rides around the stadium which i couldn't help but want to do it all in one day.

I spent the rest of the day at the wonderful uShaka Marine world, this place is like heaven on earth, i took part in the shark cage and to be quite honest i was a bit scared but i thaught to myself this is an opportunity one should not miss even on a rainy day, i went on and dived like a real big but sexy shark, the next thing was the aquarium and later i had lunch at the nearby reastaurant the food was devine,im talking bread with curry which they call bunny chow and is durban's famous food.

for the evening i looked back at the history of the country and realised how far people have come and what other way of doing so than visiting the Kwamuhle museum now also known as Florence Mkhize museum, the museum made me appreciate this country and where it is now and it is indeed the ZULULAND.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb