Lion Park


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Gauteng » Boksburg
December 23rd 2013
Published: December 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Johannesburg in the morning. We were picked up by Arlene and her family at the air port. It didn't take too long to get through the security and find them. We drove back to the house and met very one besides the ones at work. We got our bags upstairs and settled. A short time later we all went to the lion park which was about 30 minutes away. It was extremely hot that day and I was dying of heat and so were the lions. We first went and play with the cubs and saw the Giraffes, Ostriches, Meerkat, Cheetah and Hyena. We were in with the lion cubs for just a few minutes. We got to pet and take pictures with them. Arlene, Dad, Chris, John and I went into the sanctuary with the lions. We first drove through and saw the peaceful plant eating herbivores. Next we went to the area where the lions roamed free. You are advised not to open your windows but of course we did. One pair of lions walk right beside the car, it was kind of scary but we got really good photos. White lions are also in the park i think they are the most beautiful of lions. We saw the male of the pride eating a bird in the beating sun. Also we saw cheetahs and Wild Dogs laying in the shade. We finished at the lion park and went home. Later we had a huge thunder storm which was awesome and really long and loud.

Snake Wrangler out.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.285s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 16; qc: 68; dbt: 0.2236s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb