Wild coast supreme


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Eastern Cape » Port St Johns
April 27th 2012
Published: April 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hi all, the wild coast is realy wild but unspoilt, nature is what it was supposed to be, wild.

What thay say about the roads here are true, you need patiants and be wide awake, lots of road works and stop and go, then you get to go you find a notice board that says there are traffic calmers for the next 20 kl, what that is is speed humps every 100 meters and then you get 3 in a row, now towing a van here is no fun, first gear to go over the humps then to 2 nd and back to 1st for the next humps, (traffic calmers, my bum, more like traffic agrevaters.)

But when we reached our destination it was all worth it,we are on the bank of the Umzumvubu river about 1 kl from the mouth, realy enjoing the boat here.

The locals are very friendly and helpfull, not like our first trip up here after the end of appart heid,we went for a drive up into the mountains yesterday and you cant believe where all the little children come from, if you stop to take a pic thay just appear out of now were, and hundreds of them all shouting sweeeetys or 1 rand, thay had Wanda in tears.

Well we are realy enjoying it here, posted some pics.

O K Cheers from us 2.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



1st May 2012

Nice going , keep it up, Us .

Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb