DAKAR


Advertisement
Senegal's flag
Africa » Senegal » Cape Verde Peninsula » Dakar
May 18th 2012
Published: May 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

I was in Dakar for 10 days in March 2011 on a business trip.

I did not have so much timeto see around but the office that i worked was in the centre of the capital city of Senegal.

The weather was very fine, warm enough for us to wear sleeveless shirts.

Dakar is an international city full of tourists around the world.

But i guess the most difficult thing in the city is find an open restaurant during the working hours as people there prefer to rest till the evening because of the hot weather.

we stayed in a hotel which was very near to the sea.We had the chance to walk by the see for 2 evenings.

One night we went to a cafe just nearby the see where we had hot herbal tea which was very strong. Going back to hotel was full of fear for me as there was no electricity on the way but we manages to reach the hotel.

Another hard thing is to find a taxi and to bargain with the taxi drivers. If they understand that you do not know much about living in that city they can try to give you high prices. So i advice you to ask for help of either local people who you know there or the people who are used to living in Dakar.

In Dakar if you are a foreigner and if you do not know any local people do not walk outside alone at night!

If you are planning to visit Dakar, i can advice you to visit the city , i am sure you will enjoy your time...


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

The famous fishing boatsThe famous fishing boats
The famous fishing boats

You can see these boats on the sea during the day. You can also buy the small handmade boats as gifts as the symbol of Dakar.
Baobab Tree/tree of lifeBaobab Tree/tree of life
Baobab Tree/tree of life

Baobab tree is also known as the tree of life. The tree can store hundreds of litres of water. You can see these trees everyhwere in Dakar.
DakarDakar
Dakar

That's how it looks from a hill.
the Grand Mosquethe Grand Mosque
the Grand Mosque

This mosque which was built in 1964 is one of the tallest in the Dakar.
eveningevening
evening

I fell in love with Dakar during the sunset.


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb