Day 17: Waterberg Plateau - Windhoek


Advertisement
Namibia's flag
Africa » Namibia » Windhoek
August 28th 2012
Published: December 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today amrked the first of a few change over days on the tour for us. Today Ali, Lino, Luis, Ana, Hans-Peter and Barbara were leaving the tour 😞 The upside to this was that there would be new people joining! Once we arrived in Windhoek, Anna, Brendon and I tested the pool out, and once again it was far too cold to be of any use to us. I ended up sitting around the pool and having a beer with Ray before meting some of the new people. Hiroshi and Shin (from Japan) joined us for a beer, and soon Josh also joined us. At the meeting we also got to meet Zoe (Josh's wife) and Iaia. AFter a quick breifing we headed out for a welcome/goodbye dinner. We ate at Joes Beer House, where they serve all kind of meat. Of course I had to try soe more weird and wonderful things, so I ordered the game kebab, which came with some of the usual game meat, plus Zebra. I have to say it wasn't nice at all.

Back at the hotel we went for some final drinks with Ali and Lino before saying good bye. This would be the first of many goodbyes, and it wont get any easier from here. Unfortunately for me, I am horrible at goodbyes and always manage to make a scene. This was no exception.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.075s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb