Truck Trip - Fish River Canyon


Advertisement
Namibia's flag
Africa » Namibia » Fish River Canyon
July 26th 2010
Published: November 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

For more amusement on the truck, we start a game of killer. We have 22 names, 22 locations and 22 objects in 3 hats, everyone picks one and that is their contract. The object of the game is to get that person, in that location, with that object e.g. I had to kill Nik by a fire with a frying pan. It spurs everyone into a frenzy and suddenly no-one is helpful any more, if someone offers you a beer or asks you to hold something for them, usually it leads to people running away screaming. Great fun though. I make Nik scream when I run at her by the fire with a huge truck frying pan, then I take over her contract. Unfortunately I don't manage to kill Katie in the bar with a hair band as there is no bar at Hobos campsite. But she tries to kill me the next day and commits suicide as her next target is then herself. Excellent!
The itinerary of the day is crossing the border and then the Fish River Canyon. The border is easy for most of us but Helena has overstayed her visa so slows us up, the Katie gets stamped out with one passport and tries to stamp in with another which means a return trip to the South African border, no problem though as the canyon is close by. We set up camp, have a laze by the pool but it's freezing, then drive to the canyon. We get dropped off at one end and walk back to the viewing platform for the sunset, amazing views, scary at the edge though. The canyon is 500m deep in places and over 160km long, second largest after the Grand Canyon. A few other trucks also show up for the sunset. We have been reading some trashy magazines on the truck and have all commented on an interesting article about gingerism and that 2% of the world are ginger and persecuted for it. One of the trucks arrives with more than 2% gingers on it and Richelle, shockingly, suggests a game of ginger licking. Basically licking gingers without them noticing. Jon starts us off but apologises to the girl before taking her hand and licking her. This starts another new game which is finally the slogan of the trip, Ginger Licking Good.
The night around the fire leads to more chat about Megan's love for Tony so we plan a wedding, Hen/Stag do in Swakupmond, Wedding 2 days after in bush camp, brilliant excuse for more partying!



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.265s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0813s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb