Morocco. Land of the half moon crescent.


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco » Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz » Marrakech
August 24th 2008
Published: August 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The emotions were high right from the beggining, azs the flight had some turbulence, and we were in the absolute last seats in the plane... as we arrived the pilot announces we will lake two approaches for the tower to check all is OK with our front wheel...mmmm how nice!!! Don't worry if you see fire engines and blue lights on the runway...it's standard procedure. -nervous laughs and distracting our friend... but all was really fine in the end.

We are in a propper country!!! We know that when we have to fill in bits of paper to get into it, AND get stamps as we go in!!!yay!! I had forgotten they existed. and such a nice thing they are two. finally giving my new passport some personality... -happy smile-

It was hot indeed. once we got out of the nice airport in Casablanca. We get a taxi at thge end of the train ride into town, we manage to haggle é( percent off the asking price and feel proud as his collegues almost strangle him for cedeing to newly arrived tourists!! comfirmation of our success. let's cut it short. -time is running out.

Casablanca old town.. fights in the hotel entrence...amongst the young locals...just some adrenaline. Then afer a shower, descent hotel in teh middle of the old town medina. TOTALLY local, soooooo much personality. ONLY locals. tried great and weird food. Escargot in local spicies!!!! Maria was brave and finnished it je je... and Camel freshly ground and cooked int eh REALLY local market. We've allready met a member of the royal moroccan family who lives in Hong Kong and worked for the FBI, were helped by an electrician guy who wants to be a minister to find our hotel in Marakech which had a really incomplete address, and the girls -maria and Meri, tried Mutton Head, I'm afraid I'm not that brave!!! ha ha.

More installments soon, Lots of love to all, Douglas.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0303s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb