Essaouira - the beach


Advertisement
Published: March 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We're at the beach! The bus ride yesterday was 2.5 hours and very uneventful, yeah. When we got off the bus there were no taxis so we hired a guy and his wagon to take the luggage and the kids to the hotel. These kids are ready for any mode of transportation. The riad/hotel is beautiful. The best so far. We have a great big room, the pool is warm....ish and it's quiet. Last night we settled in and went for a long walk on the beach. There was a cool little playground so the kids got to burn a little energy. We walked around the port until sunset and then had a nice fish dinner. The munchkins went straight to sleep.

This morning we had a great breakfast of chocolate croissants, crepes, hot chocolate, fresh orange juice and bread. Yum. It is very relaxing here. Then it was back to the port and the medina. We walked on the city walls and wandered the medina. For lunch we stopped at a snack shop for fries, grilled sausages and chicken brochettes. Rick and the kids jumped in a petit taxi and I wandered the alleys of the medina looking for veggies, bread and more souveniers that I just had to have. Norah had a nice nap while Evan watched a movie by the pool. To finish things off we went for a quick dip in the pool.

Now we are getting ready to go for dinner. We have decided to stay here at the hotel and have a nice quiet evening. Tomorrow: camel rides!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



30th March 2009

Frankie says...
RELAX! Nice to hear you are doing some of that after being on the go for so long in the hustle and bustle that is Africa. The kids look happy and healthy - nice :) Sounds to me like you're bringing back the GDP of a small African country in souvernirs ... so much for your original resolutions. I look forward now to hear what you think of Amsterdam. Don't forget to bring back the 50lb round of cheese that we ordered ...
1st April 2009

Sounds great!
Sounds like a wonderful place. I like the breakfast! The kids look like they are having such a good time. Love the pictures and the blog! keep it up.

Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0798s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb