Market in Morocco


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco » Grand Casablanca » Casablanca
November 11th 2007
Published: November 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

road to morocco

the actual flight route took 12 hours casablanca to paris to warsaw to krakow

October 17. Keith steps out of his box, all the way to Africa. For this trip he has not bought the tourist guide book for Morocco, nor has he done his usual planning. There is a meeting at the plant in Casablanca, he goes with his colleagues, puts all his trust in them! I'm not invited to this location, it is a business trip after all. He tells me that Casablanca was more populated than he had thought. Close to 6 million people. The traffic was organized chaos. Taxi fares need to be negotiated before entering the cab.
He says he saw the Atlantic Ocean from the opposite side than he is used to. And anywhere there are waves there are surfers, even if the beach property isn't viewed the same as it is on the other side of the world.

At the market you can get anything you want or need, and somethings you don't want or need. Witold (pronounce veetol) followed a vendor back into the market for some " special healing oil one can only find in Morocco". (Snake oil salesman?) After more minutes that Keith was comfortable with, he soon emerged safe and sound, and in posession of the special oil. They were all relieved. For supper he had a great meal of sea bass at an ocean front restuarant. On the way back to their hotel, they passed a lady selling snails on the side of the road. Escargo had been on the menu, did anyone have it?

Hassan II Mosque on the ocean is one of the largest and newest. It will hold 25,000 worshippers.

My theory on Elvis being everywhere was not confirmed on this trip. But Keith probably just didn't listen hard enough!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

what's for supper?what's for supper?
what's for supper?

fried chicken?
Men in front of MosqueMen in front of Mosque
Men in front of Mosque

Andrzej Keith Didier Bartosz
Hassan II MosqueHassan II Mosque
Hassan II Mosque

ocean front


Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0184s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb