The Greatest Gift !


Advertisement
Malawi's flag
Africa » Malawi » Central » Lilongwe
August 27th 2011
Published: August 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

What is the best gift that you would be willing to give? Would you give "the shirt off your back" if someone needed clothing? Christians certainly ought to be the folks in this world who willingly assist others "as we have opportunity," and such generosity ought to be extended "toward all men" (Galatians 6:10). But let's challenge our thinking. In ascending order we ask: "Would I give away my wrist watch, my kitchen table, my vehicle, my house..?" However, all these physical items will degenerate over time.

The greatest gift we can possibly offer is - Telling someone how to be saved! Can you think of any greater gift?! Read 1 Timothy 4:8. When someone becomes a forgiven, godly person, there are blessings in this life and in the life to come. We generally seem adept at seeing the physical needs around us, but our spiritual vision may need some "corrective lenses" (cf. 2 Peter 1:9). If a hurricane strikes and we see the resultant devastation, we might freely open up our pocketbooks. But is our spiritual vision just as keen? Do we see the spiritual poverty of our neighbors, and open up our mouths and tell them about salvation in Christ? (Romans 8:1).

At the request of the Crookshanks we have traveled to Malawi to teach our fellow saints how better to share the message of salvation. How wonderful to have large numbers coming to learn. We have been teaching in 5 different locations.

Mondays we have driven to Nkhoma, where we had 58 men and 22 women in attendance. There were 17 congregations represented. The second week, we had some new faces - 18 brothers and 14 sisters.
Tuesdays we go to Salima. Attendance was 48 men and 20 women (second week 18 new men and 8 new women).
Thursday of the first week, we had 37 men and 8 women; the second week we had 20 new men and 9 new women. At this location in Chawala, 18 congregations were represented.
Friday we had 119 present (90 men and 29 women) at Kasiya. The next week 15 new men and 6 new women were present. Amazingly, we had 27 congregations represented at this one location.
Saturday was the only teaching location in the town of Lilongwe. Week one's attendance was 52 brothers and 13 sisters.

Once our final class is completed this afternoon (Saturday) we will have had about 500 students. Ed and Isaac prepared and printed 500 copies of the Evangelism Booklet in the Chichewa language. We have stressed during these studies, that we can plant, and water, but God alone can give the increase (1 Corinthians 3:6).

Consider another thought about gift giving. If I were to give away my wrist watch, then obviously I would no longer possess that item. If I were to give away my home, I would then be homeless. However, the greatest gift (telling others how to be saved) is one I have in endless supply. I may give, and give, and give. Christians are in possession of the greatest gift and also have it in endless abundance!

It is our earnest prayer that many out of these 500 saints will go forth with bolstered confidence to share the gift of the knowledge of salvation! The church will continue to grow - one soul at a time (cf. Acts 20:8). Special thanks to all our faithful supporters who have made it possible for us to travel here to Malawi and help equip and encourage our African brethren to do personal evangelism.
George Jensen 2011



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



27th August 2011

Howdy
I saw a beautiful New Bride and her bow PtP,in fact I saw them almost ever day a couple of times and visitied with them on one day.They seem very very happy and are beautiful together.ho saysumMissJoy is not a great match maker!! You can pick 'um girl!!! Hope you are all well and being careful with your good selves.an'twait until next year when maybe I will get to see you all. God bless you in all you do. as always, just ken

Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 68; dbt: 0.126s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb