Hot and Crowded


Advertisement
Liberia's flag
Africa » Liberia
July 22nd 2010
Published: July 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today was long and tiring in the best way possible. We drove out to the orphanage that we visited last week and spent the entirety of the day playing outside in the hot sun with well over 75 kids. I think Ive mentioned it before, but if I haven't: Liberia is currently experiencing it's rainy season and so we've managed to be without sunburn ...until today. The boys are 5 shades darker on their faces than their chests. Kim and I have shoulders the color of tomatoes.

With the supplies we bought we played jump rope, tug-of-war, chinese jump rope, duck duck goose, soccer, kickball, red light green light, as well as a few games that Ive never seen before that they taught us. One of my favorites that Ill need to bring back was this shoe game. We threw all our shoes into a pile and mixed them up, then one person would stand with the shoes and two others would stand apart with the person and the shoe pile between them. The two would have a ball, and as the person in the middle worked to get the shoes in order the two others would try to peg the ball at him or her. Kim and I tried it and were pegged almost immediately. It was a great way to spend a day. We're hoping for rain tomorrow so we can do indoor crafts with the kids, and have some time for our sunburns to heal.

This evening we had a great dinner with Helena's (Pasor Moses' wife) brother and family and then went to their entertainment spot that the family owned. We listened to great music and enjoyed Fantas. Now to sleep so we won't be too exhausted tomorrow!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb