Masai Mara


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Rift Valley Province » Masai Mara NP
September 9th 2008
Published: September 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well another 8hr drive to the Mara through the Great Rift Valley which was awe inspiring the volcanic plateaus go on for miles, a long drive but a great scenic view of Kenya. We arrived at KeeKrook lodge at around 15.30 and were again welcomed with a hot flannel and cold drink. The lodge is amazing frequented by Royalty including Charlie and his Mum. The lodge is situated right on the edge of a watering hole home to a herd of Henry's, Matt is in his element and you can here them grunting all over the lodge. We had a quick bite to eat and headed of on our first game drive into the Mara.

We saw a few Safari vans congregating in the distance and quick blurb amongst the crackle of the radio, revealed there male Lions snozzing after there lunch. We headed over there and Vic took some amazing pic's of them just sunbathing completely oblivious to the many vans and flashes of cameras around them. James said that the Lions were full having eaten it's dinner which incidentally is caught by the female lion, because of this he said the female would near by with a fresh kill....We started hunting the for the female.

Again we saw a few vans congregating just over the next ridge not too far away we headed over there and low and behold there were 3 female and 4 baby lions all tucking into the side of a Zebra, mmmmmmmm yummmy. There was blood all over their faces and we were only around 6 feet away watching and clicking with our cameras.

We headed off back to the lodge amongst 1000s of wilderbeast all on migration from the Serngetti to the Mara, we are heading to the river tomorrow to see the wilderbeast cross the Mara River. Another amazing day on Safari so we headed back to the lodge for a few drinks, something to eat and another early night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 22; dbt: 0.017s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb