A Rhino, Up Close and Personal!


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Rift Valley Province » Lake Nakuru NP
November 3rd 2008
Published: November 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

No need for a caption!No need for a caption!No need for a caption!

We were very close and had to remain quiet...they are easily annoyed!
I drove from the school to Nakuru by taxi. The driver is a friend of Vicki and Geoff's. We passed the Equator twice, and came down into the Rift Valley. The drive was beautiful...

Nakuru is a big town and the scene of some of the election violence back in January. There I met up with the safari group, and we headed to Lake Nakuru, where we would spend the night. Once we were checked into the beautiful Flamingo Hill Camp, we went out to see the animals...

The amount of wildlife is incredible...the pix will show better than words! I will put them in the next blog....

(All the pix from this part of the trip are here now)


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Milk going to the dairyMilk going to the dairy
Milk going to the dairy

We were in a dairy area...most people used donkeys to haul their milk.
Arriving at NakuruArriving at Nakuru
Arriving at Nakuru

These bikes have seats on the back and you can hire them to carry you!
My new friend, OlgahMy new friend, Olgah
My new friend, Olgah

I met her in the gift shop in the hotel where I was waiting for the sarfari group. We had a great talk...


Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb