Saying Goodbye


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Rift Valley Province » Kitale
August 15th 2013
Published: August 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

It is always bittersweet when we come to the last day of our travels. Though we look forward to returning home we know we'll miss our Kenyan friends. We appreciate their hospitality and efforts they make to keep us safe. Pastor Timothy, Pastor Richard, and Moses traveled with us the entire trip and saw us off at the Eldoret airport. We flew on a small prop plane into Nairobi where we had an interesting experience trying to find our KLM flight. Because of the fire a week ago at the International Airport things were not normal. First we had to find our own bags on a trailer before taking a bus to wait in several lines for check-in. Then there were tents set up on the tarmac for waiting areas. We stood outside and were thankful the rain had let up. All passengers had to climb the steps of the 747 since there were no jet-ways. I doubt any flights left on time. Once again our time in Kenya went way too quickly. On Tues. we all participated in a church "under the trees". A new church group had invited us to share with them. The fellowship was sweet and a fitting way to spend our last day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0602s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb