"The Road is Long, with many a winding turn..."


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Nairobi Province » Nairobi
June 1st 2011
Published: June 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

JohnnyJohnnyJohnny

12 years of age, the last time his mom saw him.
Dear friends~

I hope this letter finds you and your families doing well. We are well and writing to share two big events with you. First, my husband Johnny’s reunion with his birth family and our winding turn of an upcoming Sabbatical to the States.

Johnny and I recently took a trip to South Africa to visit his biological family. It had been almost 30 years since Johnny was sent to an orphanage (and was adopted after 5 years in the orphanage). After the long journey of searching, Johnny’s biological sisters found him and now there is restoration with his birth parents, brothers and sisters. His sister arranged our travel and we spent two joyful weeks getting to know his family. It was an AMAZING reunion and we thank God that it finally came about!

Johnny’s journey as a small child involved horrendous physical abuse, orphanage life for years, separation from his siblings, then adoption by a wonderful family who raised him well. Restoration with his biological family is living proof and a HUGE encouragement that so many of the children we work with can, in fact, come to a place of joy and success as an adult!
Sweet reunionSweet reunionSweet reunion

J's sisters told their mom they had a surprise for her. She thought she was getting a slow cooker. Talk about a surprise after 30 years of seeing her first born!
There is hope of restoration and healing within families.

If you read our last blog you can see we have had quite a year.

After much prayer and consideration we feel it is time for a sabbatical from life on the foreign field, of which the last 6 years has been in Kenya.

I would like to have another baby close to reliable medical services, and Johnny has been offered a job in the States. We feel it is best for our family to move to America for a time. We plan to arrive in Katy, Texas late August of this year.

I will continue to partner with Spring Valley, HOREC and our sponsored girls here in Kenya. I will continue to raise awareness and support as well as organize mission teams and facilitate those who wish to be more involved in missions in Kenya.

The last six years in Kenya have gone by quickly. I came “empty handed”, single and free to be involved in many projects. I am leaving Africa “full”, with my husband and baby, and a wealth of information and experience.

I will continue to use my knowledge and experience to better the lives of orphans in Kenya and around the world.

We have seen wonderful results in children’s lives and improvements in orphan facilities over the years due to the faithfulness of the Lord, the hard working directors, wonderful volunteers and generous donors. We pray this work continues and that mighty men and women of God are raised up in Kenya and around the world.

Spring Valley just had a group of children dedicate their lives to the Lord and then they were baptized. Spring Valley runs Bible classes a couple times a year and each time we see the fruit of the Lord’s work. Many children came to know Jesus and they desire to serve the Lord. This year we have been able to provide many Bibles to this school due to a generous donor in Texas.

We are so thankful for those who stand by us with prayers and financial support. We hope that if you are able you will continue in this ministry. Together we are making a difference!

God Bless you and Thank you! Oh, did I tell you how much we appreciate you?? Well, we do!!!

With Gratitude,
Jennifer, Johnny and Jonathan Lawrence

INTERNATIONAL TREASURE HOUSE MINISTRIES
23223 S Warmstone Way
Katy, TX 77494




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

New self sustainability projectNew self sustainability project
New self sustainability project

Pastor Stanley and Alice want to start farming their own land in order to grow veggies for Spring Valley's 300+ children. They have 3 acres available.
Sprouting seedsSprouting seeds
Sprouting seeds

SV garden has begun. Currently they have planted only a small portion. ITHM is going to help get irrigation in and to get the whole garden going.
New dressers needed at HORECNew dressers needed at HOREC
New dressers needed at HOREC

The 32 children of HOREC are in need of dressers. Each girl gets a drawer currently. The rest of their clothes are kept in boxes. New dresser-$120... organization-priceless. (:


2nd June 2011

Love you!
Oh Jen, times is running!! I'am so happy for you and your family that you take a "time out" Enjoy your time with everybody who love's you there and be shore that God will give you a wonderfull time! (or how we say here: Dumnezeu te rasplateste si te bine cuvinteaze pe tine si pe familia ta!) Don't forget, even when I don't see you with my eyes, I still love you and will never forget the beautifull (and heavy) years we had together! Love Anna
3rd June 2011

That is amazing; what a blessing! Johnny has such a beautiful family. :)
9th June 2011

what a journey
Jenipher and Johnney, i am writing this with tears all over my face, Johnny i am touched . We have worked with your ministry for long time but today i have confirmed the life of this humble, God fearing and dedicated man of God. It is True With God northing is possible. This far you have come it is not by might or strength ,but only possible by the spirit of God. As you begin a new life in America ,may you leave to become world class most celebrated Family . what you have been doing in Kenya is unique,The poor has been fed, the hopeless has received hope and God still continue using you. We at Nappet Mission Tours Give all the Glory to God. Be blessed
2nd July 2011

tears of joy
Oh, the goodness and mercy of God. This update touched me deeply and I teared up at God's goodness in and through your lives. I know this next season of your life will be fully in HIs perfect leadership and will. I love being updated and if you are in WV, please see me!

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.03s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb