Nairobi (Nairobbery)


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Nairobi Province » Nairobi
September 17th 2005
Published: September 22nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

We arrived at the Airport to find that our expected transfer was nowhere to be seen, after being harassed by touts, thieves, murderers and god knows who else, all of whom were there to take us to our hotel and who worked, allegedly, for our tour company. We managed to find a girl in the same predicament as us. Natasha had already contacted the Hotel Boulevard and someone was en-route to rescue us! 30 minutes later our taxi arrived, our elation was soon quashed when we arrived at “our hotel”, only to find that they had double booked and our names were certainly NOT on the list! After much arguing and spitting of feathers, Natasha and us were despatched to the hotels sister hotel, Hotel 680. Upon arrival, again, nobody had heard of us, eventually we were given our rooms and after sorting our bags ready for two days in “the Mara” we eventually got to bed. Our slumber was greatly aided by the African wedding band that went on nto the wee small hours at 10,000dB. Thankfully, Ultimate Ear’s custom earplugs shut that out within seconds.
*PICTURES WILL FOLLOW SHORTLY*

Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb