Quick hello


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Eastern Province » Maua
April 15th 2008
Published: April 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Just a quick note to say all is well. We had a good day of working today. We are finding it difficult to adjust our American pace to Kenyan work style. It is interesting to work for 2 hours, take a tea break, work another few hours, break one hour for lunch, come back for 2 more hours, then leave for the day! Not that I'm complaining, but it sometimes feels like we do more "breaks" than work!

I helped out on the medical ward, turning patients, giving bed baths, feeding patients via NG tubes, etc. (Nursing care without the medical license part of it). Tony went around with the hospital chaplain, who has asked him to give the sermon for tomorrow's chapel service. He also met with the Synod leaders, who have arranged to begin travelling with him starting next Tuesday. Thanks to all who are keeping us in your prayers as we continue to find our place in this community!

Advertisement



15th April 2008

Wow! What a great opportunity! You sound like you are doing well and I am enjoying all the pictures and stories.
15th April 2008

Kingdom Kids in Kenya
I'm so excited about your time in Africa! I warn you once you have Africa in your blood it is very difficult to be rid of it. I pray that your days will be exceedingly blessed and that all the mosquitoes will be exceedingly small.
17th April 2008

Ah the tea-break
Glad to see the British tradition of the tea-break is alive and well!

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0564s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb