Nanyuki Sweetwater Game Reserve


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Central Province » Nanyuki
November 6th 2008
Published: January 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Sleazy PlaceSleazy PlaceSleazy Place

Sportsmans Arms Camp, we were surrounded by hookers while playing pool at the bar.
It rained heavily all night, I woke up with my 2 feet in a pool of water. The fly sheet was touching the tent & water had seeped in that way. I took my sleeping bag & liner to the fire that Lucky lit to cook breakfast & dried them. We set off for Nanyuki, we were supposed to go to a campsite but it rained heavily on route & Kanyo decided to divert to the Sportsmans Arms Hotel complex where the grounds would not be waterlogged. We could see a cloud covered Mount Kenya from Nanyuki.

The hotel wanted too much money for room upgrades so everybody pitched a tent. Our truck chewed up their nicely manicured lawn pretty good. I went with Dave into the town, he was having problems withdrawing money with his atm card, we tried several atms & his card did not work. I told him his bank must have blocked it for some reason but he didn't think so, I urged him to phone the bank, he did & it turns out they had blocked his card, so he got it unblocked. When we returned to the group we helped prepare & eat dinner. Then we went to the bar to have a few drinks & play pool. This bar was one of the sleaziest places I have ever seen, there were British soldiers (they must have been on an training excercise ) here mobbed by the local hookers. At one point we ended up playing pool with the hookers, there were 6 around our pool table. I called it a night when some British sqauddies started to hang around our table as well, Irish people & drunken British sqauddies do not generally mix well. Some of the girls from our tour were talking & playing pool with the hookers too, but, this was more to fend them off from the guys in our group who they had an amorous interest in, rather than genuine interaction.

The next moring we set off for the 40 minute drive to Sweetwater Game Reserve, it is a private reserve, about 20,000 acres. We arrived but our truck was too big to enter the gate, we took a pic of a Dung Beetle rolling dung, jumped back into our truck & returned to town to hire a smaller truck. This all took about 1.5hrs. We eventually entered
Springwater ReserveSpringwater ReserveSpringwater Reserve

Max the rhino, unfortunately Morani the Rhino died.
the park & saw Lions, Antelopes, Chimpanzees at the sanctuary & a tame Rhino called Max (apparently Morani died). We also saw our first elephants there.

Back at the Sportsmans Arms I tried unsuccesfully to book a flight online with Air kenya from Zanzibar to Nairobi. I was going to detach early from the group to do a tour of the Masai Mara, which was not incuded on this trip.

Later I had a few drinks with Kanyo & Lucky (our guide & cook). I was also so talking with some of the Aussie guys from the group. One of them told me how on his last night in London at a party he got a blow job from a lady who later turned out to a guy. He said he was not gay, just that he couldn't tell the difference....
Yeah right I believe you .........
HHmmmmm.....
You can alter & disguise a lot of your anatomy except your ADAM'S APPLE!!!
So for all you confused Australian males in London this is generally an infallible indicator of gender.




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Springwater ReserveSpringwater Reserve
Springwater Reserve

Exhibitionist
Springwater GateSpringwater Gate
Springwater Gate

Our truck was too big to drive through big so we had to turn back & hire a smaller one.


Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0596s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb