Mt. Kenya


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Central Province » Mt. Kenya
March 10th 2009
Published: April 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Mt. Kenya



The main reason I went over to Kenya after the studies in Tanzania, was to hook up with Lars, a friend from Norway, and do some climbing at Mt. Kenya.
We arrived Nairobi on tuesday 2nd of march, and planned for 12 days in the mountain. A norwegian contact we got in Nairobi helped us out to arrange some practical stuff, and we headed up towards the mountain on thursday. When we arrived McKinders camp at 4200 metres above sea level, Lars got serious headache and it simply wouldn't stop. So after just a couple of days in the mountain we had to turn back down!
To bad, because the climbing looked really nice, but it's nothing else to do with altitude sickness than getting down.

Before we went to the mountains we booked a safari for the three last days in Kenya. But we had about a week left, and now without any plans. Mary, a friend of mine from Kenya, had been talking about Mombasa on the coast pretty much constantly for the 4 weeks in Tanzania, so we gave it a chance. Some days on the beach and 4 beautiful scuba dives was not to bad either. Maybe better than 12 days in the mountains you will probably say. Watamu is the place to go if you would like clear water, white beaches, great scuba diving and of course enoying sellers on the beach...

I'll put out some pictures from here later




Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.317s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 77; dbt: 0.2409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb