Changes in opinion


Advertisement
Ghana's flag
Africa » Ghana
November 28th 2009
Published: November 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So ive had some time to reflect lately on how much ive changed my perspectives since ive been here, and in some areas im finding that i think quite diffferently.

Take for example my room of residence here. At first i thought it was, well, very dingy! the matteress is gray and covered with stains, the walls are brown with dust, the light are florescent etc. When i arrived i thought it was rather like prison to be honest. very industrial with few amenities...
My, how my ideas on that have changed!!! Having slept on the ground both inside and outside on my various traveld around the country, and having peed in ditches, female urinals, and maggot infested cess pits, you come to have a different understanding of what luxury means. I can assure you at this point my residence room is absolute luxury. there is no need to fetch your water from far away, there are toilets, showers, windows, and a mattress for goodness sakes! The rest of the campus hasnt had water in the taps for months, but the international hostels manage to buy some for us for about 90 percent of the time. Whats a little dust and grime? the structure is sound, and relatively new for that matter. I have one roomate rather than three like all the other dormitories have in the same size rooms. In conclusion, luxury is relative.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb