Arrived


Advertisement
Ghana's flag
Africa » Ghana » Greater Accra » Accra
July 19th 2010
Published: July 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

It's 11:00am here in Accra (1 hour before UK I believe) Dorothy and I are now sitting in an Internet cafe in the OSU district.

We finally got to bed about 2 o'clock this morning so it was a long day yesterday.
The flight from Gatwick was delayed about 2 and a half hours. This had one benefit in that we didn't have to try and kill 3 hours in the transit lounge at Tripoli, only about half an hour. Both flights were fine (apart from being late) - I managed to watch Avatar on the second one which I hadn't seen yet. In-flight meals were OK.

The main problem was the time it took for the baggage to arrive on the carousel - we spent about an hour waiting for all 4 bags to finally appear.

It is quite hot today, rain threatened earlier and it was very muggy but the dark clouds have now gone and it is very hot. We have just bought some Ghanaian SIM cards so I have a local number (00233246552345) for the duration that I'm here.

Well, that's about it for the moment, no photos to upload yet I'm afraid. We'll go along and pay the orphanage a visit after lunch and arrange a day to go and deliver all the shoes.

Mike

Advertisement



19th July 2010

Shoes
Probably all those shoes that made your bags take ages to come through! Have a great time Mike - see you in September - don't forget to bring some more uplifiting music back with you!

Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0905s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb