More "Foot Prints" on our life


Advertisement
Ghana's flag
Africa » Ghana » Ashanti » Kumasi
June 18th 2007
Published: June 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post



A Short and Sweet stay.

What a HUGE help! … And… What a God Send!
Dara, a nurse by profession, has returned to the US with MANY stories to tell. Leaving last week, her time with us was a short four weeks. Though short, her time was packed and eventful.

Several years ago I learned a lesson about courage. “Courage doesn’t mean the absence of Fear. It is rather, moving ahead in the Face of Fear”. Dara displayed much courage and confidence in our Lord. Her stories will include topics such as (though not a trained teacher) typing, giving, grading and reviewing final exam papers, strange African viruses, sharing dinner dishes with neighbors - to include eating rat more then once, a time the villagers thought we were lost in the pristine rain forest, and by far the most exciting story - killing both a black cobra and brown snake.

On behalf of all the students of Child of Excellence Primary School, “Thank You Dara for your obedience to the Lord!” You’re time has left permanent “footprints” of your presence on their hearts and lives (and ours). They will never forget you, as I’m sure you
Fetching Water Fetching Water Fetching Water

Childrensdaily household duty.
will never forget your time with us. God Bless You and lead you.


Advertisement



26th June 2007

SNAKES
hOW COME i HAVE NEVER SEEN ANY OF THEM WHEN I HAVE BEEN THERE? PROBABLY JUST GOD'S BLESSING. I WANT TO COME BACK SO MUCH- AND STAY LONGER, BUT GOD'S PLAN IS DIFFERENT THAN MINE RIGHT NOW. IS THERE ANY POSSIBLILITY THAT YOU OR KIRK ARE COMMING THIS WAY NEXT YEAR? AM SENDING "PHOTO'S' BY SNAIL MAIL, A LARGE WHITE ENVELOPE WITH LOTS OF GOODIES IN IT.
27th June 2007

Thank YOU!
Christine and Apebouso- Thank YOU. I could never tell you all what the last month meant to me! Thank you for all the experiences and sharing your lives with me. I am praising God for all that He gave me over the last 3 months. I am praying for all of you and wish I were still there! Lots of love to everyone!
1st July 2007

hi
this is great i love the idea of the blog. this is the first time i checked it out. i am excited to be seeing constant updates. i miss those kids so much. you also, but i hear from you more than them.
1st July 2007

Oops!
Just checked - You're still there (smile)

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb